Technical Solutions Ninja
1. What is your profession? Or if you are retired, what was your profession?
2. What are your areas of expertise?
Upstream: I.T. / Digital, Operations
Upstream Areas: Onshore
3. Current Employer:
Top secret information
4. Previous Employers:
EDF Energy NA, Pomeroy
5. How did you end up in the Energy Industry?
Working as an IT consultant with Pomeroy I became exposed to energy companies Marathon Oil, EDF Energy and Waste Management.
6. Why do you like working with Start-Ups?
Start-Ups have so many challenges in getting their technology and product to markets. I enjoy building relationships and helping clients discover ways to improve their production, profits and ease of operations. Bringing start-ups new ideas and products to the client enhances both organizations.
Okay, now for some fun things about Darrel…
7. What are three of your interests outside of work?
8. What are your top 3 accomplishments (personal or professional)? Don’t be shy! Give ‘em to us.
I've updated 3 early 1900's homes and performed much of the work myself. This includes electrical, plumbing and construction. It taught me so much about construction that it allowed me to project manage a large ($24 mil) construction project in downtown Houston.
Putting my wife and two children through college.
Building a career from an entry level position (night computer operator) to directing entire departments in IT
9. If I were a superhero, my superpower would be .
Time travel - would love to see different time periods and bring technology with me.
10. When I was 5, I was pretty sure I'd be a when I grew up.
11. If I weren't so damn good at what I do now, I'd probably be .
Designing and building things from homes to furniture.
12. My favorite song is by .
"Second Wind" - Billy Joel
13. If I won the lottery tomorrow, I'd .
Start an Air scrubbing company to help reduce pollution.
14. The best piece of advice I've ever been given is .
Think positive in all you do.