Business Development and Sales
1. What is your profession? Or if you are retired, what was your profession?
CEO of Funk Futures. Contract Sales and Marketing for Best of Breed Energy Technology companies
2. What are your areas of expertise?
Upstream: Sales, Technology, Marketing, I.T./Digital
Upstream Areas: Onshore
3. Current employer:
Funk Futures - www.funkfutures.com
W Energy Software, Seven Lakes Technologies, Energy Navigator
5. How did you end up in the Energy Industry?
By accident. Growing up in New Hampshire, Oil & Gas primarily meant getting an oil change and filling up at the gas station. I was so incredibly fortunate to have been contacted by a recruiter in late 2007 and quickly land a job in Sales and Marketing at an Upstream Accounting Software company.
6. Why do you like working with Start-Ups?
The reasons are endless. The energy, the potential, the relationships, the challenger mindset, being the underdog. Having grown up in a small town in the country, working at a small company has always felt right.
Okay, now for some fun things about Jeremy…
7. What are three of your interests outside of work?
I am a maniacal Boston sports fan
I am passionate about friendships and family
More recently, I have developed a love for podcasting
8. What are your top 3 accomplishments (personal or professional)? Don’t be shy! Give ‘em to us.
Professional: Running sales for an unknown company called Seven Lakes and taking them from 2 customers and minimal revenues to over 40 customers and a $20MM Series A in under 3 years.
Personal: Being an All State Track & Field athlete as a Senior in High School.
Personal: Owning my first BMW by 30.
9. If I were a superhero, my superpower would be .
10. When I was 5, I was pretty sure I'd be a when I grew up.
Lawyer, for sure. Even wore a tie and brought a briefcase to school in first grade.
11. If I weren't so damn good at what I do now, I'd probably be .
Getting really good at golf and going to way more live sporting events :).
12. My favorite song is by .
"Intro" by DMX.
13. If I won the lottery tomorrow, I'd .
Energy Technology company with a focus on data. It would only speed up plans to make it happen. I would probably take a vacation and be bored in a month.
14. The best piece of advice I've ever been given is .
It's not what you make, it's what you do with what you make" - Ken Dalton on Money.