Executive/Director of Global Projects/Operations
UpstreamUnited States, Canada, Europe, Middle East
1. What is your profession? Or if you are retired, what was your profession?
Senior Global Business/Project Leader
2. What are your areas of expertise?
Upstream: Project Management, Executive, Mechanical Eng., Operations, General Management, Technology, Corporate Development
Upstream Areas: Offshore, Onshore
3. Current employer:
MadMackenzie Solutions, LLC
Reagent Chemicals & Research, Inc
Bechtel Oil, Gas & Chemicals, Inc
GL Nobel Denton
Konecranes America, Inc
The University of Akron
Westinghouse Electric Corp. Naval Systems Division
5. How did you end up in the Energy Industry?
After relocating to Houston, TX for Konecranes America, Inc Corporate HQ, I got my first exposure to the Oil & Gas Industry on leading (3) three unique projects for Shell, Coflexip Stena Offshore, and Kiewit Offshore Services...got hooked on the subsea technology and enjoyed the last 20 plus years in the Energy Industry.
6. Why do you like working with Start-Ups?
Having an entrepreneurial mindset and being an engineer, I enjoy pushing the envelope with new ideas and technologies on projects and companies - startups naturally have this energy and thinking too. Also, I truly enjoy sharing my knowledge, experiences and learning new innovations/technologies to help grow and provide guidance with new startups.
Okay, now for some fun things about Michael…
7. What are three of your interests outside of work?
- Working out
- Muscle Cars
8. What are your top 3 accomplishments (personal or professional)? Don’t be shy! Give ‘em to us.
Maintaining a strong healthy lifestyle
Traveling - seeing all the USA and 31 countries (pre-COVID)
Winning a design contest and getting invited to the commissioning of the USS Ohio SSBN-726 Nuclear Trident Class Submarine, meeting Vice President George H. Bush and Admiral Rickover with my Dad and visiting his old naval training base.
9. If I were a superhero, my superpower would be .
Flying - the love of speed and seeing the Earth from space
10. When I was 5, I was pretty sure I'd be a when I grew up.
11. If I weren't so damn good at what I do now, I'd probably be .
Retired Navy Flight Officer/Astronaut
12. My favorite song is by .
Growing up in Cleveland, OH with the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, it is difficult to provide just one song...my taste is eclectic. So here is just one of my favorites: Metallica - "Fade to Black"
13. If I won the lottery tomorrow, I'd .
Legacy Trust Fund - to create wealth for family, charities and scholarships
14. The best piece of advice I've ever been given is .
Live within your means