Strategy and Business Development Lead
1. What is your profession? Or if you are retired, what was your profession?
2. What are your areas of expertise?
Upstream: Technology, Project Management, Supply Chain, I.T./Digital, Operations, Completions
Upstream Areas: Offshore, Onshore
3. Current Employer:
4. Previous Employers:
Accenture, Radiant Light Consulting, Inc.
5. How did you end up in the Energy Industry?
I was thrown into a SAP project for a major oil services company a few weeks after accepting a job with Andersen Consulting (now Accenture). It was sink or swim and I have been swimming since 1998.
6. Why do you like working with Start-Ups?
Who doesn't want to work with gutsy, risk-taking, swash buckling entrepreneurs willing to pay the consequences of their ideas? There's tremendous excitement and energy in start-ups. Being around start-ups can be infectious and renewing.
Okay, now for some fun things about Nhan…
7. What are three of your interests outside of work?
8. What are your top 3 accomplishments (personal or professional)? Don’t be shy! Give ‘em to us.
Won all county spelling bee in the 6th grade.
Won 1st place for vision in 8th grade state science fair.
Won "Robert Logan Award" in 12th grade for overcoming adversity.
9. If I were a superhero, my superpower would be .
Jesus. He is the answer to all!
10. When I was 5, I was pretty sure I'd be a when I grew up.
a slave in a Communist country trying to find food to survive each day.
11. If I weren't so damn good at what I do now, I'd probably be .
A market gardener, selling fresh organic produce on my "drive through farm".
12. My favorite song is by .
"Adagio for Strings", by Samuel Barber. When you listen to it, close your eyes and imagine human struggle and eventual triumph.
13. If I won the lottery tomorrow, I'd .
start an orphanage that would have the capacity to adopt and care for the 153 million orphans in the world today.
14. The best piece of advice I've ever been given is .
"The answer always comes in the form of a person", Dale Bronner